The word motivation refers to the internal or external forces that cause people to have energy for work or to put towards a creative or physical outlet. Motivation creates positive abilities in people to perform their work. The behavior and the attitude of the person is highly influenced. Motivation is not only used in the professional career, but it is required in every field of life whatever it is, a school or a playground. Take some added motivation from the following link, if you continue to push yourself success will come.
There are many types of motivation that are used in different conditions and circumstances. Here are two important types of motivation:
1. Extrinsic motivation
The extrinsic motivation is provided by the external factors. The growth of the employee is related to the workplace success, in which different factors are used to motivate the employees to get success. Organizations use motivational factors for their employees to enhance the productivity of the organization. The fear motivation works in the place where other motivational factors don’t work. Most of the times, the students are motivated through fear. Fear does not only work in the case of students (fear of getting zero marks on the exam), but it also works for employees. Following are the factors to manage the growth.
• Offering rewards and benefits to the employee for their goal achievement is a type of extrinsic motivational factor. These rewards may be in the form of time off from work or an official dinner for the employee.
• Appreciating the employee for their hard work. The employee is appreciated by the higher management of the organisation.
• Sending Birthday cards and birthday wishes to the employees. It ensures the employees that management remember their celebrations and care.
• Offering a bonus on extra work achievements. It is provided as an option so that employees can get help during hard times.
• Parties and other recreational activities for the employees at least after 1 month. Such parties refresh the employee’s mind and brings new energy to their work.
• Fear of being fired from the workplace, not the best option but it will work and you should only use it at a warning before the inevitable.
2. Intrinsic motivation
The intrinsic motivation is provided by the internal side of yourself which is also known as self-motivation. Such types of motivation cause us to perform some activities for fun without any hesitation. Most times, the personal needs of people are the best intrinsic motivation. When you are internally motivated, you start enjoying your work. Following are some of the factors that internally force the people to do their work.
• Obtain opportunity to get higher rank in the organization (promotion).
• Compensation is the basic right of the employee. It helps him to fulfill the needs and requirements.
• Gain respect among the peers and overall working staff.
• Be a successful employee
• Getting power to take different decisions and it is only possible in decentralized organization or higher level of the management.
• Achievement of the goals in a defined time period
For all the activities of life, motivation is very important whatever it is, a professional activity or a home based activity. Both intrinsic and extrinsic motivations play their own role to make a person successful.